PIVOT PRO 105 – Shipping Now!
The PIVOT PRO 105 case and folio cover is a versatile protection and mounting solution. The PIVOT PRO 105 is compatible with the 2017 iPad Pro 10.5″.
Better Connection – With PIVOT, the case and mount join together using the patented mounting channel utilizing the universal quick-connect system. Built into the back of every case, the PIVOT mounting channel securely attaches to a wide variety of PIVOT mounting solutions. This efficient and intuitive mounting system, which only PIVOT offers, provides robust connection stability and quickly adjustable screen orientation. This functionality, gives pilots unmatched opportunity to comfortably access and correctly process critical EFB data. Quite simply, PIVOT provides a better connection between case and mount, pilot and data.
Better Protection – PIVOT cases are built to exacting standards for superior durability and device protection both in and out of the cockpit. The PIVOT PRO 105 case is designed as one-piece construction with an inner shock-absorption layer and hardened external shell. Each corner of the device is cushioned from impact by a pocket of air, which absorbs and dissipates shock from falls. This composite construction exceedingly passes military standard test MIL-STD-516.7, meaning the device was dropped onto a steel/concrete floor from four feet and didn’t break!
The PIVOT PRO 105 supports Apple Pencil. Improve precision by using a touch-screen stylus with your device and keep it securely in the custom stylus holder. Additionally, the case features the PIVOT Smart Edge, which is easily removable when using the case with the Apple Smart Keyboard and other accessories.
Note: PIVOT PRO 105 is designed to precisely fit the 2017 iPad Pro 10.5″ and is not compatible with other devices.
PURCHASE AT FLYBOYS.COM
Features designed for the iPad Pro 10.5″
- Compatible with only iPad Pro 10.5″.
- Passes military standard test MIL-STD-516.7 for superior device protection.
- One-piece composite construction with inner shock-absorption layer and hardened external shell.
- Thermal barrier provides insulation from exterior heat sources and helps maintain safe operating temperatures with air circulation vents around the device.
- Stylus channel holds the Apple Pencil and similarly sized stylus wands.
- Keyboard compatible PIVOT Smart Edge, which is easily removable for using the case with the Apple Smart Keyboard and other accessories.
PIVOT PRO 105
Device Compatibility – The new PIVOT PRO 105 is specifically designed to fit the latest addition to the Apple iPad Family, the iPad Pro 10.5”
All of the port / button access, camera openings and other features align directly with the corresponding iPad features.
Easy Setup – The Polycarbonate Shell and Flexible TPU front frame have been redesigned to fine tune the device ingress and egress process. Users will discover setup to be much quicker and easier as the device is both installed and removed more easily.
Why? – PIVOT took feedback from the initial PIVOT PRO 97 deployment and applied it to the design of the new products in order to improve the user experience.
Structural Ribs – A lattice of newly added ribs on the back surface of the PIVOT Mounting Channel improve rigidity to further reduce case-flex and vibration potential.
Why? – The PIVOT engineers identified an opportunity for continued improvement and took action to enhance the in-cockpit performance.
Additional Refinements & Feature Enhancements
1) Improved Tolerances – The precision tolerances of the original PIVOT PRO 97 design have been further improved upon to refine many aspects of the fit and user interaction experience.
2) Optimization – General mold flow and material optimization improvements further increase the quality of all the PIVOT case components.
3) Mounting Channel Covers* – Lamination surface is much bigger, for better adhesion of the PET Covers (*PIVOT PRO 105 only)
Additional Feature Enhancements
1) Speaker Outlets – PIVOT PRO 105 design includes a *35% increase in speaker outlet opening for improved sound quality. (*PIVOT PRO 105 only)
2) Thermal Control – Air circulation and venting Keeps the tablet cool by using a chimney effect to pull cooler air in while warmer air is vented. The PIVOT PRO 105 features a *20% Increase in thermal control vent size for increased airflow (*PIVOT PRO 105 only)
New Magnet Cover Design
Magnet Cover – A new, extremely robust snap-in cover has been designed to prevent damage from misuse of the folio cover. Now, if a user bends the folio cover backwards, the force will drive the cover into the kickstand, eliminating the potential for damaging the magnet cover.
Why? – Previously, misuse of the Folio Cover could result in the Magnet Cover being damage or detached.
New Magnet Cover Design
Magnet Cover – The revised design of the Magnet Cover reverses the direction of the magnet installation and captures them securely within a polycarbonate housing.
New Magnet Cover Design
Magnet Cover – Each magnet is contained within it’s own tray for precision alignment with the Folio Cover magnets. Additionally the magnets are held in place with a sturdy adhesive to prevent any movement within the Magnet Cover enclosure.
Improved Kickstand Design
Stronger Kickstand – 50% Thicker for improved strength. Formally vulnerable areas have been identified and redesigned. PC + TPU Over-mold bonding increased by 250% surface area for superior connection, to eliminate delamination potential.
Why? – A small percentage of PIVOT PRO 97 users reported damage to this area of the Folio Cover. The PIVOT designers took the opportunity to make a variety of improvements after reviewing user feedback.
Anti-Bounce – This special crease in the TPU, at the base of the kickstand folds neatly to reduce the Folio Cover’s tendency to arch and bounce slightly when the user is typing vigorously.
Why? – Conversations with PIVOT users and online feedback made it clear that this feature was a highly desired upgrade to the previous Folio Cover.
Increased Durability & Stability
1) More Durable Cover – 30% Thicker front folio further improves drop protection in “Transit Mode”, but with only 0.65mm increase in the total case thickness. There is also an approximately 185% increase in PC + TPU bonding surface area on the front folio cover.
2) Improved Stability – The viewing slots in the Folio Cover and the Viewing Feet on the Smart Edge have a greater depth of engagement when in the viewing mode. The PRO 105 also features *colored highlights on the viewing slots to help with user orientation. (*PRO 105 only)
Stronger Surface Grip
Better Viewing Experience – The front TPU perimeter has been extended to maximize contact area with table-top surfaces when the folio is used in viewing mode. This larger grip surface improves stability and decreases sliding potential.
Smart Connector Compatible
Keyboard Compatible – Intelligently designed case is compatible with device manufacturer’s accessories such as the magnetic keyboard.
Air-Cushion Protection – Each corner of the device is protected by a pocket of empty space. These cushions of air allow the PIVOT case body to flex and dissipate the forces of impact through the case structure, rather than transferring the shock directly to the device.